Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Day 353: Arthur Christmas



Directed By- Sarah Smith

Writer(s)- Peter Baynham, Sarah Smith

Starring- James McAvoy, Hugh Laurie, Bill Nighy, Jim Broadbent, Imelda Staunton, Ashley Jensen

Run Time 1 hr. 37 min.

Critics Review- "With a clever script that successfully updates many Christmas myths and dialogue that crackles with sophisticated wit, this movie offers with kind of pre-holiday experience that parents and children alike will appreciate."- James Beradinelli "ReelViews"

Rotten Tomatoes Rating- Critics- 91%  [CERTIFIED FRESH] Audience- 78%

Out of a possible 5 stars- 4 stars

My Review-

At first I never really wanted to watch this movie, finally a gingerbread man and gingerbread house making party with friends I saw it, and I actually liked it. This movie was really funny, and seems like it is destined to become a Christmas classic. The reason why I say this is because all the characters are smartly written and the actors they chose to voice the characters were the right choices, especially Hugh Laurie as the oldest son of Santa and the voice of the Grand-Santa who was played by the always awesome Bill Nighy, who was the best thing about the movie and made it even funnier that it already was for an animated children's film. I was really surprised on how funny it was and what worked and at times what did no work, the part I really liked was how the reindeer kept disappearing and how everytime they wanted to go somewhere they ended up in the wrong place and thousands of films from where they actually needed to be. There are some animated Christmas films, that have to be really good in order for me to really like them, and now this can be one of them. There were some parts that were so funny just off of one my friends reactions and that made that scene extremely funny, since it came out nowhere. I love how every animated movie for that is for Christmas have their different take on Santa, especially this once since Santa's sleigh was a freaking ship called the S-1 and it was freaking awesome. Since it was a different take on Santa I liked how it was like a family business and being Santa got passed down each generation, to the next one in line. That was a really good concept for this type of Christmas film and now I have no idea why I did not want to watch it at first when I actually really enjoyed it. This is a recommended Christmas film if you have never seen it before. Another thing I liked is how they had the great great grandchildren of the original eight reindeer, which was really cool, and once again it was funny how they kept losing them throughout the night. Since it is Christmas time, check out this movie for your holiday list.

No comments:

Post a Comment