Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 348: Monty Python and the Holy Grail



Directed By- Terry Gilliam, Ian MacNaughton

Writer(s)- Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones

Starring- Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, Michael Palin

Run Time- 1 hr. 28 min.

Critics Review- "It's still one of the funniest, silliest and all-out strangest films you'll ever see. Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time."- Jason Zingale "Bullz-Eye.com"

Rotten Tomatoes Rating- Critics- 95% [CERTIFIED FRESH] Audience- 94%

Out of a possible 5 stars- 5 stars

My Review-

Now that I have finally finished this movie, I loved it. This may be my favorite film from by far from Monty Python and I think I have watched all of them except for one on this list, any who this one is my favorite one. I think one thing I really loved was the opening title sequence with the subtitles that made no sense what so ever, and than the explanation behind why they were bad, after seeing that I could tell this was going to be an awesome movie, aside from the bits and bits I had seen from time to time already. Even though the movie was made in the mid seventies the jokes still hold up and it is pretty funny and very quotable, its movies like this that are really awesome. I also liked how at times the movies was animated during certain scenes, and or during the hunt for the grail it showed everyone's journey as they would try to find it. I could and possibly will watch this movie over and over again, because it has some of the funniest people that I can still recognize today; Eric Idle and John Cleese, I would have to say like always were my favorite parts of this movie and the the other films that they did. This is also one of those movies that I do not know why it took me so long to finish watching when it is a classic and I should have seen it a long time ago, but never got around to it until now. I wish Monty Python would come out with another movie, even though they are all are old now it would be cool to see if they can top this one or any of the other films that they made. This movie was just to damn awesome, the one liners, the funny scenarios, logic that made no sense and the abrupt ending made the whole movie really lovable 

No comments:

Post a Comment