Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 347: To Live and Die in L.A.



Directed By- William Friedkin

Writer(s)- William Friedkin, Gerald Petievich

Starring- William Petersen, Willem Dafoe, John Pankow, Darlanne Fluegel, Debra Feuer, John Turturro, Dean Stockwell

Run Time- 1 hr. 55 min.

Critics Review- "The film isn't just about cops and robbers, but about two systems of doing business, and how one of the systems finds a way to change itself in order to defeat the other."- Roger Ebert "Chicago Sun-Times"

Rotten Tomatoes Rating- Critics- 93% Audience- 74%

Out of a possible 5 stars- 3 stars

My Review-

This movie was recommended to be by someone who listens to Yeah, Its that Bad and I would liked to thank them, even though I do not know their name. This was one great movie about old fashioned cops and robbers and I love seeing Dafoe has the villain in films, because it is what he does best. This movie had everything that the 80s cops movies had; great music, cool villains and cops that did not care about getting in trouble. These are the types of cops movies that I miss, and hope wish more would be made, like this or some what similar, the music was random, and the violence it was just awesome, even though at times it was a tad bit too slow and the main character ended up dying and the lame one lived sucked monkey nuts. I think I could live with that, that was the only gripe I had with the movie seeing William Petersen die, after he was the badass in the movie was just plain wrong. Only thing I really liked in the movie was the car chase that was like 5 minutes but seemed a lot longer, every possibly the highlight of the film and them driving on the wrong side of the freeway was just plain awesome, I still find it hard to believe this is the same director that did The Exorcist which is like one of the greatest horror movies ever made, and he made this which could be the best cop movie of the mid-eighties after Lethal Weapon. I suggest that people watch this if they loved cop movies from the 80s, cheesy 80s music and frankly Willem Dafoe since he is a cool villain in this movie even though his part is not too big but also not to small. Even though there were some parts that could have been done better I still liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment