Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 339: Rushmore




Directed By- Wes Anderson

Written By- Wes Anderson, Owen Wilson

Starring- Jason Schwartzman, Bill Murray, Olivia Williams, Brian Cox, Seymour Cassel, Luke Wilson

Run Time- 1 hr. 33 min.

Critics Review- "The director treats eccentricity with compassionate respect: no winking, no nudges to even like the boy. The filmmaking, meanwhile, is beautifully disciplined."- Lisa Schwarzbaum "Entertainment Weekly"

Rotten Tomatoes Rating- Critics- 87% [CERTIFIED FRESH] Audience- 91%

Out of a possible 5 stars- 3 stars

My Review-

At first, I was not really enjoying this movie. It was then I realized that Schwartzman's character was meant to be hated and we did not want anything good happen to him since he was a jackass. However I did like the movie, because it was directed by Wes Anderson and almost all the movies I have seen by him I have either loved them or really liked them. It seems like when Anderson makes a movie, he has a reason for every detail in a scene or with the selection of the music that goes into the movie, because it will go with it so well and not be over done or out of place. It goes the same for doing certain things or with certain characters they will have a purpose later on in the movie. There were some parts of the movie that were kind of annoying and I thought that a better actress could have been chosen other than Williams, who I am not too sure since I cannot think of anyone at this moment. However Bill Murray was my favorite in this movie like most of his movies I see I liked him and out of the films he has done with Anderson I liked him a lot more in this one and The Royal Tennabaums. I did like how this was kind of a new take on a love triangle type story, even though the girl did not want either of them, I liked how they had elaborate ways of messing with each other. Even though this had many good things about this movie, I still do not believe this was the best best one from him, I think that his later films were better than this one. I think it is because he may have learned a little more from film making or he learned that what his audience liked and did not like, but that's just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment