Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 345: Never Let Me Go



Directed By- Mark Romanek

Written By- Alex Garland; Based on the book By- Kazuo Ishiguro

Starring- Carey Mulligan, Andrew Garfield, Keira Knightly

Run Time- 1 hr. 36 min.

Critics Review- "Lovely and melancholy, poignant and chilling, Never Let Me Go is an old school sci-fi dystopia with lovely, wistful performances that never quite overcome the fatalism that hangs over the whole affair."- Roger Moore "Orlando Sentinel" 

Rotten Tomatoes Rating- Critics- 71% Audience- 70%

Out of a possible 5 stars- 4 1/2 stars

My Review-

This was a different take on the sci-fi genre in my opinion, in a way it did not feel like one, but the storyline at the same it made it one, if you know what I mean or I'm trying to say. With having said that this is a depressing movie, right from when we find out these people exist until the very end of it. I liked how it did not feel like a sci-fi and how I think it was an alternate universe for all the people, since not all of them were made to be that way. I also believe that is was a slow a film on purpose, because if it was at a fast paced it would not have been as meaningful as it was or made an impact, now I have never read the book by Kazuo Ishiguro, even though I have read from numerous places that it is a really great book that I now would like to read sometime in the near future. The acting was really great in the movie especially from Mulligan and Garfield, I can see him winning a Oscar with in the next couple years if he keeps doing great movies like this one, aside from The Amazing Spider-Man which was a really good film too he just needs to pick more movies where he can really show his acting chops. I think the scene that was really heartbreaking and I do not want to spoil anything, but it involves a scene with Garfield and Mulligan towards the end of the film and it such an intense scene between those two, and I think this movie went unnoticed which kind of sucks. This a movie that should not be missed by from any lover of sci-fi films or if you just like movies with type of premise. So go and watch it next time you have the time or are looking for something to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment