Friday, August 31, 2012

Day 244: Lawless



Directed By- John Hillcoat

Written By- Nick Cave; Based off the book- The Wettest County in the World by Matt Bondurant 

Starring Tom Hardy, Shia LaBeouf, Jason Clarke, Guy Pearce, Jessica Chastain, Mia Wasikowska, Gary Oldman 

Critics Review- "Bad-ass from start to finish."- Richard Roeper "Richard Roeper.com" 

Rotten Tomatoes Rating- Critics- 65% Audience- 82%

Out of a possible 5 stars- 5 stars

My Review-

First let me say this, Tom Hardy is a motherfucking bad-ass in this movie. I have always liked these type of movies set in this era, mainly because they always go to wear suits all the time. With this movie being set in this time period made me want to watch and also because it seemed really good, and it was, this probably Shia LaBeouf's best movie too, where he actually good be taken seriously and no robots were trying to kill him. This movie had me hooked from start to finish, and I liked how Shia LaBeouf's character would come in a narrate the story every now and then, made the movie move along well by giving some back story for the audience. Going into the acting, holy good god, Tom Hardy, Guy Pearce and Shia LaBeouf made this movie especially Gary Oldman (SPOILER ALERT) even though his part was small. Also the trailers made Gary Oldman seem like the man antagonist in the movie when he wasn't which was kind of a let down. However with Guy Pearce in the movie he was totally different in this one than he was in Lockout a movie that I reviewed on this list, in this movie he was a bitch and I hated him so much but it just proves that this guy is an amazing actor who needs an Oscar nomination even hopefully Tom Hardy gets one, this is probably in my list of the movies I have seen with Tom Hardy that he was been straight up bad ass and makes the movie what it was. This movie had some comedy every now and then to relieve some of the tension that was building up or that had already happened earlier in the film. I would like to read the book to get a better understanding and to learn more about the Bondurant brothers and their bootlegging business. This one movie that should not be missed since it seems like this one will end the summer movies for this year, and it was well worth it. This movie had everything; amazing acting, violence, great music from Nick Cave finding and creating music from that era, and I agree with Roeper, this movie was bad-ass from start to finish, and it had be at the edge of my seat in some scenes and some scenes that had me going "That did not just happen." This movie should not be missed, and I hope who ever watches it will enjoy it and like it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment