Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 239: Wes Craven's Shocker



Directed By- Wes Craven

Written By- Wes Craven

Starring- Peter Berg, Michael Murphy, Cami Cooper, Mitch Pileggi

Critics Review- "A re-visitation of the director's favorite themes (alternate realities, parent-child dynamics, lunatics spouting one-liners) that pitifully attempts to replicate A Nightmare on Elm Street."- Nick Schager "Lessons of Darkness"

Rotten Tomatoes Rating- Critics- 8% Audience- 33%

Out of a possible 5 stars- 2 1/2 stars

My Review-

I thought this movie would be a lot better, but it actually has almost the same concept as A Nightmare on Elm Street, well the dreaming part of it. This is considered a cult classic and some area's I can sort of see why. Although it did bug me that there were many similarities to A Nightmare on Elm Street, and that Peter Berg was a horrible actor in this movie. I guess after awhile this movie was okay, the effects were really good for being from 1989 and it was cool too see some actors that are considered some pretty good actors now or on some shows that I watched. if you want to watch this movie go ahead so you can form your own opinion on it. I just thought the movie was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment