Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 236: An American Tail



Directed By- Don Bluth

Writer(s)- Judy Freudberg, Tony Geiss

Starring- Phillip Glasser, Dom DeLuise, Nehemiah Persoff, Erica Yohn

Critics Review- "Adorable, heartwarming tale of immigrant mouse."- Nell Minow "Common Sense Media" 

Rotten Tomatoes Rating- Critics- 68%  Audience- 68%

Out of a possible 5 stars- 5 stars

My Review-

After watching this movie I have finally realized why also love animation movies so much, especially the 2D animation movies I used to watch when I was little. With this one I instantly fell in love with it as soon as it started; even more that I found out that Steven Spielberg was behind it with now defunct Amblimation. Even though I love the way that animated movies are done today, it still makes me miss how they used to be made; every character drawn by hand. Since this was an animated musical it had some really great songs sung by the characters especially which is now one of my favorite songs "Somewhere Out There." This also  had one of my favorite voice actors from I "All Dogs Go to Heaven," Dom DeLuise and he was one of my favorite characters from it's sequel, since I did not know this was the original one, and do not ask me why after all these years I did not know there was one made before Fievel Goes West, because I do not know the answer to that either. Back to the topic on hand, this movie was just all kinds of awesome, and I loved every minute of, and it made me love the sequel even more. I suspected that most you have sen this movie unlike me who only watched it today, but if you have not it is a really good animated movie from when animation was done by hand, the music is also always good and not in the movie too much, it only comes in when it is needed. I am really glad that I finally watched this movie when only finding out about it about two days ago. This movie will be definitely added to my DVD/Blu Ray collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment