Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day 234: The Raid Redemption



Directed By- Gareth Evans

Written By- Gareth Evans

Starring- Iko Uwais, Joe Taslim, Donny Alamsyah, Ray Sahetapy, Tegar Satrya 

Critics Review- "The movie gets a little slow when it settles down for some routine dialogue or plot development, but it's never more than a couple of minutes before break time is over and it's back to the insane fighting stunts."- Eric D. Snider "Film.com"

Rotten Tomatoes Rating- Critics- 84% Audience- 90% 

Out of a possible 5 stars- 4 1/2 stars

My Review- 

This probably has to be one of the best action movies I have ever seen. this movie was slow here and there like the critic said above but then the action start and it was fucking awesome. Some of the fight scenes in the movie had me in awe, especially the fight scene with the machete's and the last fight scene at the end. I really don't have or I cannot find the right words for this movie, I was just in awe the whole entire time. This movie also has a few plot twists that you do not see coming or you will notice and then forget about because you become so invested in the fight scenes that you are watching. This is my first seeing a movie from this director and with this actor Iko Uwais, and I read that this is their second movie together and in my opinion they make a good duo for this kind of movie, even though I have never seen their previous work. I will most likely watch this movie again, it is that awesome, awesome action, awesome fight scenes, blood everything that an action movie should be. There is a good plot twist in the movie that I really did not see coming and I was shocked when I found it out and it was one of those movie that did a good job leading to the reveal of the twist. Also this probably has to be one of the best action movies I have seen so far on this list, that was just hand to hand combat. It will keep you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next and I hope you will not be disappointed, because If you have not seen this movie, then you must see it right away or when you have time too, this one movie that should not be missed. Almost forgot, and the music in the background! omg Mike Shinoda and Joe Trapanese doing the music for this was so freaking amazing kept the tempo of the movie at a really good pace with all the scenes, especially with the fight scenes. I read they are making a sequel and I hope these two return for it, because they did a really good job, and Mike Shinoda should try and do more movie scores. So all in all go watch this movie; rent it. watch it. love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment