Saturday, August 11, 2012

Day 224: Bull Durham



Directed By- Ron Shelton

Written By- Ron Shelton

Starring- Kevin Costner, Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, Robert Wuhl, Trey Wilson

Critics Review- "I will always respect Bull Durham for what it represents in terms of love of baseball, but it will not be on my list of favorite sports movies."- Kevin Carr "7M Pictures"

Rotten Tomatoes Rating- Critics- 96% Audience- 77%

Out of a possible 5 stars- 2 1/2 stars

My Review-

This movie was okay, I did enjoy some of it but not all of it. There some scenes that were better than others, well some just annoyed me a little. I will say this I did enjoy the scenes where Costner and Robbins were trying to communicate while playing baseball. Some scenes stood out more then others did for me, but for me I could not see the hype and how it is consider one of the great sports movies but hey that's just me. One of my favorite scenes were when all the players were explaining their problems and could not play until they were all solved. For me that was the highlight of the movie. It is shown throughout the whole movie from Costner and Sarandon in particular how much they love Baseball and it is shown in they way they both talk about it and show it. This is only my opinion on the film, I suggest you watch it so you can form your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment