Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 214: Reefer Madness (Tell Your Children) (Doped Youth) (1936)



Directed By- Louis J. Gasnier

Writer(s)- Arthur Hoerl, Paul Franklin

Starring- Kenneth Craig, Joe Forte, Harry Harvey Jr., Lillian Miles, Warren McCollum, Pat Royale

Critics Review- "A campy classic, full of awful acting and blatant misinformation."- James Sanford "Kalamazoo Gazette"

Rotten Tomatoes- Critics- 46% Audience- 43%

Out of  a possible 5 stars- 2 stars

My Review-

I can see why this was parodied as a movie musical. this movie was horribly acted, the shots were wrong. You were able to tell that some scenes had visible flaws. The actor that played the professor and I forgot his name was really creepy and acted like he knew everything by just looking at a person. I missed the movie musical which I watched first, but then at the same time some of the acting was so bad it was hard not to laugh at it. I can see why now the musical was over exaggerated it was because this movie as, since it was trying to prove the point that mary jane will make you go completely insane with laughter and start hallucinating random things. I kind of wish I would have watched the color version instead, even though it would be the exact same film, it would have been cooler to see how they used the color for the film. This is one of those movies that needs to be seen to see, why it was so bad then it became parodied into what is now one of my favorite musicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment