Monday, August 27, 2012

Day 240: Atlantis: The Lost Empire



Directed By- Gary Trousdale, Kirk Wise

Written By- Tab Murphy

Starring- Michael J. Fox, Cree Summer, James Garner, Corey Burton, Claudia Christian, John Mahoney, Phil Morris, Leonard Nimoy, Jim Varney, Don Novello

Critics Review- "Visually imaginative and even persuasively spiritual, this animated adventure has some unusually complex villains and heroes, and some of the plot and dialogue transcends what's typical in movies intended for a broad youthful audience."- Lisa Alspector "Chicago Reader"

Rotten Tomatoes Rating- Critics- 49% Audience- 50%

Out of a possible 5 stars- 3 1/2 stars

My Review-

Took me quite a while to finally see this animated feature, about twelve years to be exact. Do not ask me why it took so long, I don't even know the answer too that. I have said once before that I really like the hand drawn animation and 3D animated, but it is good to see an animated movie like this one once in awhile to see some thing like this from Disney and what made them famous in the first place. The voice actors in the movie were freaking amazing, from Michael J. Fox, James Garner to Leonard Nimoy. I believe that's what really made the movie really good, they all fit their characters really well and in my opinion, no one else could have done those characters but them. Some of the best parts were in the climax of the film which I believe were the last 15 minutes of the film, that's when I really started to like it, because most of the film led up that last half of the film. Yes I thought some parts did not need to be used here and there, and some parts could have been told a little better, I would have liked to see a little flashback to when the journal was found by Milo's grandfather. I loved the mixture of traditional animation and the new animation that was becoming popular, I also enjoyed how the music was just right with the movie, not too overpowering. One thing I thought could have been different is maybe showing a montage of some of the characters saying what they wanted to do, opening a flowers shop or their own auto shop, making some of their dreams come true, from the help of Milo and how he changed their perspective on what they were doing. All in all this movie was a good watch with some flaws here and there, and if you have not seen it, it is a good watch if you like Disney movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment