Monday, August 20, 2012

Day 233: The Last Boy Scout

Directed By- Tony Scott

Written By- Shane Black

Starring- Bruce Willis, Damon Waynes, Noble Willingham, Taylor Negron, Danielle Harris, Kim Coates, Halle Berry

Critics Review- "This movie has a lot of laughs, its action sequences are thrilling, its surprises are startling, and it shows a real ingenuity in the ways by which it gets Willis into, and out of, trouble."- Roger Ebert "Chicago Sun-Times"

Rotten Tomatoes Rating- Critics- 44% Audience- 66%

Out of a possible 5 stars- 3 1/2 stars

My Review-

One of the reasons why I am watching this movie is in memory of Tony Scott's recent death. I have always actually wanted to watch and I guess I was bound to watch it anyways so I chose to watch it today since I have already seen many of his movies and all liked them as I did this one. After watching this movie I realized I may have a new favorite Bruce Willis movie to add to my collection; the first being Die Hard, Look Who's Talking (don't judge me), and the list can go on. For me this movie had the right amount of action and comedy, coming from both actors Willis and Waynes, both of these actors communicated really well with each other, and do make a good duo, even this was the only film they did with each other. It seems like Bruce Willis does action movies really well such as this one, one of the reasons why I enjoyed this film is because he was a smart-ass as always and also he was a man of his word. During the film when some one hit him he would say "hit me again, and I'll kill ya" and he would because they would hit him again. There was a relatively unknown actress in here at the time and she had an extremely small part and that was Halle Berry; who [SPOILER ALERT] ended up dying a very violent death in like almost the first 20 minutes of the movie, in my opinion this should have been her only movie since I think she cannot act for shit. I had hoped it would be a little longer but then I realized if it was too long everything would be stretched out and over done, and I like how they had a very small back story for Willis' character and how he saved the President but knocked out the Senator, I like they way this was done because it gave me a sense that Willis used to be a very dangerous man even though he was just a body guard. This movie is a good watch; if you like gun fire, explosions and comedy it is a very good blend of all of this and I think you would throughly enjoy this movie, it was just one of the many awesome action movies from the early 90s

No comments:

Post a Comment