Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 219: Extract



Directed By- Mike Judge

Written By- Mike Judge

Starring- Jason Bateman, Mila Kunis, Clifton Collins Jr. Ben Affleck, Kristen Wiig, J.K. Simmons

Critics Review- "Well not as complete a success as "Office Space". it's often quite brilliant."- Brian Holcomb "CinemaBlend.com"

Rotten Tomatoes Rating- Critics- 63% Audience- 37%

Out of a possible 5 stars- 3 stars

My Review-

I do agree with the critics above, well it was not the funniest thing. I did have it's moments where it was really funny and smart. One of the people I found to be pretty funny in this movie was Ben Affleck as Bateman's best friend and at times not the brightest person. At times I found myself really enjoying this movie and other times I found myself to be a little bored. Some of the best parts of the movie were when they were all in the work place and we would see all the different workers and it worked well to see how they did not like each other and here how they had to deal with each other, and what made those scenes funny were; T.J. Miller, J.K. Simmons and, Clifton Collins Jr. and that last person I would like to see in more comedic roles. The story line was pretty funny, and it was good too see Mila Kunis in a different role then usual, she was like the bad guy sort of in this movie and I would like to see more of that. I did love Bateman in this movie I want to see him in more roles where he can do comedy as the main actor in a movie, he was the highlight of the film for me. One of the problems I had with this movie is that Gene Simmons did not need to be in, I thought he did nothing to really contribute to the movie and I thought they could have used someone different. I would recommend watching this movie if you are a fan of Mike Judge or any of the actors in this movie, and you will most likely enjoy it, maybe more then I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment